1. How do I know TerraBella® won’t harm my crops?
2. What kind of soil does TerraBella® work with?
3. Under what temperature conditions will TerraBella® work?
4. How long does it take to activate TerraBella®?
It is important for the bacterial colonies to grow in enough numbers in order to be able to thrive and quickly effect the soil environment once they are released into the soil. For this reason, we recommend a three-day activation period for optimum results. A longer activation period of up to five days is fine. However, after five days the activated bacteria will start seeking a food source of food and will begin to consume each other, diminishing the efficacy of the product. In very warm temperatures – in the range of 90-100 degrees F, the activation period may be shortened to 48 hours.
During the activation period, the bacteria need to breathe, so we recommend activating it in an open container, or covering the container with a cloth or canvas that will allow air to flow. Also, when possible, it is best to activate TerraBella in indirect sunlight to keep the product from getting too hot for optimal activation.
5. Why is starting with a clean container so important?
6. What if my system contains chlorinated water?
7. How do I apply TerraBella® to the field?
8. Do I need to water the field before applying TerraBella®?
9. Can I use herbicides and/or pesticides in the field while using TerraBella®?
10. When spraying the product, should I do a foliage spray?